We offer a press-studding service, where we supply and machine apply the studs, also known as snaps and poppers. There are three styles available:
- standard metal press studs -one size, approximately 14mm, in a variety of finishes.
- ring (prong) press studs – one size, approximately 10mm, and only suitable for lightweight fabrics (Limited stock – call us to check this service availability)
- fabric covered press studs – one size, approximately 30L/19mm, we both cover and apply
We can potentially apply your press studs although ONLY if you bring with you the compatible machine dye-set. We cannot apply your studs using our machine parts as every design needs a different machine part.
We also offer a replacement press-stud service, depending on the stud and garment. Bring the garment into our workrooms to assess the item. Please note that we cannot re-use studs.
HIGH-RISK GARMENTS – we do not press-stud PVC/plastic finishes, lightweight fabrics, knit, netting, lace, unstabilised jersey or other stretch fabrics. We may not press-stud leather, pleather, wadded or brocade.
The finishes vary depending on our current stock. Please enquire directly or pop into the workrooms to see our current selection.
Bring your garments and/or fabric marked correctly. You need to mark a dot, with chalk or pencil, where the two parts will press together.
- male component (the bottom/underneath part) = mark on the FACE SIDE (outside)
- female component (the top/surface seen part) = mark on the WRONG SIDE (inside)
“Make sure the two dots meet, or your press studs may not be even”
Press studs are priced per garment/ panel / pattern piece minimum charge, up to the quantity of 10 studs. More than 10 studs on the garment/ panel / pattern piece will be charged at a unit price per stud.
- standard press stud – minimum charge per unit = £7.50 / 10+studs per unit = £0.50 per stud. For example, a garment/panel with 12 press studs will be £6.00
- ring (prong) press stud – minimum charge per unit = £7.50 / 10+studs per unit = £0.50 per stud. For example, a garment/panel with 12 ring prong studs will be £6.00
- fabric covered press stud (subject to fabric suitability) – from £0.80 per stud to fabric cover. Application – minimum charge per unit = £7.50 / 10+studs per unit = £0.50 per stud. For example, a garment/panel with 12 fabric covered will be £9.60 to cover plus £6.00 for application = £15.60
- press-stud replacement – minimum charge per unit = £10.00
We do not provide or send out samples of our press studs. Sampling will be completed at the above unit rates.
Fabric covered studs can only be applied by using the compatible machine and dye set.