We offer an eyelet application service in a range of sizes and finishes including:
- metal eyelets – in a variety of sizes and finishes.
- stitched eyelets – one size, approximately 3mm internal diameter. Although this measurement may be affected by the fabric used.
We can potentially apply your own eyelets if you have the compatible machine dye-set. We cannot apply your eyelets using our machine parts.
Eyelets need to be on the edge of the fabric as the machine has limited space to insert fabric, withing 7-8cm maximum from the edge. For corsets remove the boning or the machine cannot fully compress the eyelet.
HIGH-RISK GARMENTS – we do not eyelet knit, lace, netting, unstabilised jersey or other stretch fabrics. We may not eyelet lightweight fabrics, leather, pleather or wadded.
The finishes vary depending on our current stock. Please enquire directly or pop into the workrooms to see our current selection.
Curtain eyelets, internal diameter 38mm, can be applied only to a stabilized fabric near the edge. This service is not available the same day.
Stitched eyelets are available in one size. If you need a specific colour, you will need to provide the thread. Stitched eyelets need to be on the edge of the fabric, withing 1.5cm maximum from the edge. For corsets remove the boning or the machine cannot clamp down.
- 2 spools of 120 weight, ideally Coats Tre Cherchi 40, we can try a Gutterman 120. The machine only uses a specific spool type, as on the keyhole machines sew-all spools do not fit on the threaders.
The above two images show the spools to use, not an indicator for the thread weight
Bring your garments and/or fabric marked correctly. You need to mark a dot, with chalk or pencil, where the centre of each eyelet will be.
We do not make garments, corsets, curtains etc so you will need to research how many you need. Consider the weight of metal eyelets and the size diameter internal and including the eyelet rim.
- all eyelets = mark on the FACE SIDE (outside)
“consider the size of the eyelet rim when measuring out for marking”
Small and stitched eyelets are priced per garment/panel/pattern piece minimum charge, up to the quantity of 10 eyelets. More than 10 eyelets on the garment/panel/pattern piece will be charged at a unit price per eyelet. Medium and large eyelets are priced per eyelet with a minimum charge per garment/panel/pattern piece
- small eyelets (sizes: 200,500,700) – minimum charge per unit = £4.00 / 10+ eyelets per unit = £0.40 per eyelet
- medium eyelets (sizes H22) – minimum charge per unit = £4.50 / 10+ eyelets per unit = £0.45 per eyelet
- medium eyelets (sizes 28) – minimum charge per unit = £6.50 / 5+ eyelets per unit = £1.30 per eyelet
- large eyelets (sizes 40mm/curtain) – £3.50 per eyelet. minimum charge per unit £10
- stitched eyelets – minimum charge per unit = £5.00 / 10+ eyelets per unit = £0.50 per eyelet
We may apply eyelets if the fabric is unpredictable or if the marking is not accurate.
If your garments are not marked correctly we may send you away to re-mark
We reserve the right to refuse to clients who haven’t followed the preparation instructions