If you have difficulty getting into London our postal service for buttonholes might be helpful for you (and most likely cheaper than a train fare into London).
POSTAL SERVICES ARE STILL BEING ENCOURAGED AND NOW TAKE PRIORITY OVER OUR WALK-IN SERVICES
We have tried to make this as simple as possible, however, if you still need help, phone or email us directly for a quotation and more information. Do you have an enquiry about this service? We also offer a postal service for buttonholes & other services.
You send us your fabric and we make the fabric covered button. We can receive your orders in person, via courier or postal. You have the option to collect in person, we post back or you arrange a courier to collect (postal charges subject to size and weight).
The process is as follows:
- Decide what you would like to order and prep your order following the PREPARATION instructions further down this page.
- You send the fabric and Covered Buttons Order Form detailing your order. (here’s an additional page for larger orders) Make sure writing is legible, fabric is packaged appropriately and postage costs are covered.
- Received orders will be added to our pending orders
- When we get to your order we complete the covered buttons from your instructions
- Once completed we send you an invoice
- You pay the invoice via bank transfer
- Once payment has cleared we send your buttons or inform you of collection.
We do not accept self-address enveloped for return postage. Orders missing information or contact details will not be prioritized.
We offer a button covering service in a range of sizes and styles including:
Backing style size and availability in the ‘cost chart below‘.
HIGH-RISK FABRIC – we do not cover using PVC/plastic finishes. We may not cover using leather, pleather, piped lace, brocade, unstabilised jersey, knit or other stretch fabrics.
To create your handmade covered buttons we will need from you:
- the fabric(s) (note the face side)
- detailed instructions including the size, quantity, shape style and backing preference (include a sample button for size matching)
- contact details for the email invoice and return address
Send enough fabric – the cutters are much larger than the finished button. As a guideline we would roughly need 2 to 3 square inch per button depending on the size. Lightweight, sheer or open weave fabrics need double this quantity or additional lining fabric to layer. For example an ‘A4’ size piece of fabric could make approximately:
- 45x size16L medium weight fabric covered buttons
- 30x size30L medium weight fabric covered buttons
- 20x size50L medium weight fabric covered buttons
Our button charges start from £0.25 per button. Buttons come as standard with a black or white shank plastic back.
The below costings are a guide price and are subject to change if your order has a specific request. Additional charges are outlined below.
- sheer/lightweight fabric = additional £0.05per layer
- pattern cutting / specific placement = additional £0.15per button
- covered backs (not for all fabrics, only using thin or lining fabric) = additional £0.15per button,
x = NOT AVAILABLE
|D.M.Buttons Covered Buttons Size & Prices
starting prices – additional charge for lightweight fabric, pattern cutting and special backs
|Size (ligne)||Dome||High-ball||Marri||Sew-through||Metal back||Canvas back||Pin back|
|16||£0.25||£0.25||x||x||<< add £0.15||white & black £0.50||x|
|22||£0.25||£0.30||x||x||<< add £0.15||black only £0.50||£1.00|
|24||£0.25||x||£0.60||£0.40||<< add £0.15||x||x|
|30||£0.25||£0.40||£0.60||£0.40||<< add £0.15||white & black £0.50||£1.00|
|32||£0.25||x||x||x||x||black only £0.50||x|
|36||£0.25||x||£0.60||£0.40||<< add £0.15||x||£1.00|
|40||£0.30||x||x||x||<< add £0.15||x||x|
Postal charges for covered buttons:
- standard postage – untracked/small quantity (usually up to 50units) = from £2.50
- recorded postage – tracking/ small-medium quantity (usually orders valued up to £15) = from £4.00
- Special delivery – tracked faster delivery / larger quantities, (usually orders valued over £15) = from £12.50
- Larger orders may be subject to additional costs based on weight and size. POA
Postal charges will be invoiced, final costs based on weight and size and package content.
We will post your order once payment has been cleared. Payment for postal orders can be made via:
- online bank transfer – invoices will be emailed once the order has been processed (include your email address with the order instructions)
- phone card payment – minimum phone payment is £20
- We no longer be accepting cheques.
We cannot take responsibility for packages inappropriately packed, tracking packages you send through to us nor untracked standard postage.
We do not accept self-address enveloped for return postage.